The GCCC SSS staff members want to make sure that each SSS student has all the help he or she needs to succeed in any course. We are making it mandatory that any SSS students with a C or below in any course needs to seek out tutoring. Also, we are requiring that any SSS student who has failed or withdrawn from a course must see a tutor if they retake that course. To make this possible we have arranged for a several tutoring options.
We have arranged for several students and other members of the community to serve as individual tutors for any students in our program. These tutors can help you with courses in math, science, english, and reading. Speak to your SSS advisor to set up a time to meet one-on-one with a tutor.
If you want to meet with a tutor but can't find a good time to meet with our SSS tutors or if you would like to have a group of people meet with an advisor together, your SSS advisor can refer you to one of the tutors in the Comprehensive Learning Center (CLC) in the library.
Your advisor will provide you with a log sheet wich you will need to bring with you to the CLC. The parpaprofessional behind the tutoring desk will need to sign your log sheet when you arrive and again when you leave.
Through a partnership with Tutor.com, SSS will be offering 24/7 online tutoring that connects students one-to-one with a subject expert tutor the minute they need assistance. The tutoring service can be accessed from any internet-enabled computer or mobile device.
Online Tutoring is available in the following subject areas:
- Math: Algebra, Algebra II, Basic Math, Calculus, Geometry, Statistics, Trigonometry
- Science: Basic, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Earth Science
- Liberal Arts: Grammar, literature, Social Studies
- Business: Accounting, Finance, Economics (3PM - midnight everyday)
- Real-time Writing Support
- En EspaÃ±ol - Math, Science and Social Studies
Additionally the program also offers resources such as study tools, lessons, test prep materials, and instructional videos.
How to access:
- Go to http://www.tutor.com/gcccks
- Sign in with your username and password
- Your username is your first.lastname like in your student email address
- See your advisor for your password
- Scroll over the College Center and select your subject to be connected to a tutor
- After you work with a tutor, you can:
- Print your session or share it via email or Facebook
- Review your session again at any time
- Save your tutor as a "Favorite"