Campus Safety & Security
In case of emergency, call 911! Then, notify campus police at 620-272-6828
The Garden City Community College (GCCC) Campus Police Department is committed to providing a safe and secure learning environment for students, faculty, staff, and the general public while on campus, or in any facility owned or operated by the college. We will achieve this through community partnerships, education, planning and the enforcement of state and local laws.
Campus Police strive toward promoting the following core values:
- Ethical Behavior
- Fair and Equal Treatment
Campus Police officers are professionally trained and certified through the State of Kansas. We enforce State and local laws as well as GCCC rules and regulations. In addition to traditional police services, Campus Police provide other noteworthy services to students such as:
- Emergency Vehicle Unlocks: Campus Police can help by unlocking your vehicle for you, free of charge.
- Safety Escorts: Campus Police Officers will escort you anywhere on campus. Please call 620-272-6828. There may be a delay due to calls for service, please call in advance if possible.
- Vehicle Jump Starts: In situations where your vehicle needs a jumpstart, Campus Police will assist you.
- Crime Prevention Services
Procedures for Reporting Emergencies
Dial 911 for all emergencies involving a crime in progress, a medical emergency or a fire.
While on campus, persons should be aware that different telephone systems might require you to dial an outside line (9) before dialing 911.
To report any non-emergency incident occurring on campus, call the Campus Police at 620-272-6828. When calling, be prepared to:
- Clearly identify yourself
- State where you are calling from
- State briefly the nature of your call
All members of our campus community are encouraged to promptly report all observed or suspected criminal behavior, suspicious activity, and unsafe conditions.
- GCCC Annual Security Report And Fire Safety Report 2022
- Biennial Report DFSCA 2021
- GCCC Campus Tornado Instructions
- Kansas Registered Sex Offenders
- Safety Assessment Form