2+2. Two years at GCCC, two years at a four-year college or university. That's smart. No, it's brilliant - considering the tuition and fees you'd pay to attend a college or university for all four years.
You can be confident your GCCC credits will be accepted at hundreds of four-year institutions.
And you may just jump on other students when you get there - students who spend their first two years at GCCC are often better prepared for their junior year than non-transfer students.
Planning to Transfer to GCCC From Another Institution?
If you're looking to transfer to GCCC from another college or university, welcome. Most course credits you've earned will transfer to GCCC. We've put together a list to make the transfer process as smooth as possible for you.
- First, you'll need to complete an Application for Admission and TB Questionnaire.
- Next, arrange to have your official transcripts from EACH institution you've attended sent to the Registrar's Office.
- Apply for financial aid and scholarships.
- Take the Academic Skills Assessment. If you haven't completed college-level math or english, or plan to take a course that requires english or math as a pre-requisite, you'll have to take the full assessment. If you've completed english or math at another college, you may not have to take the full assessment, but we'll need to see a "proof of prerequisite." (That's a fancy way of saying grades or transcript.)
- If you are interested in living on campus, complete a Housing Application.
- Visit with an Academic Advisor and register for classes. Together you'll review your test results and your advisory will help you select courses.
- Pay tuition and fees in full. You won't be able to register for any future course for non-payment of tuition by the due date, so read this information about the tuition & fees closely. (Once you've enrolled for classes at GCCC, you can save time by paying online.
- Get your picture ID and but your textbooks.
- Login to the GCCC Portal. This is where you'll access student tools like Canvas, BusterMail, IT Help Desk and the GCCC Self-Serve (grades, register for classes, financial aid, etc.). You can also find campus announcements, news and events in the portal.