International New Applicant
|Fall (August) Semester:||July 1st|
|Spring (January) Semester:||November 1st|
If you are requesting an I-20 for an F1 Visa to study at GCCC, you must fulfil the following requirements for admission:
- Complete a GCCC Admissions Application Here
- Submit the $150 non-refundable International Student Application Fee as well as a $1,000 payment toward your first semester tuition and fees. Payments can be made at www.flywire.com. Contact the Business Office at 620-276-9619 for additional payment options. Application fee and deposit must be paid before an I-20 is issued.
- International students must provide any high school or college transcripts. Transcripts must be in English. The International Student Advisor will evaluate the documents, however a WES evaluation may also be necessary. All foreign college transcripts must be officially evaluated by WES or other credential evaluation service. Students are responsible for evaluation fees.
If you are NOT a citizen of one of the following countries you must provide documentation of English Proficiency by one of the options below:
- Commonwealth Caribbean (excluding the Dominican Republic, Haiti, and the Dutch Isles)
- English-speaking Canada
- United Kingdom
- South Africa
- New Zealand
- Republic of Ireland.
If you are not a citizen of one of the counties above you must provide proof of English proficiency prior to admission. That can be demonstrated in one of the following ways:
- DuoLingo score of at least 90
- iBT TOEFL score of at least 61
- PBT TOEFL score of at least 500
- Revised PBT TOEFL part scores of at least 15
- IELTS score of at least 5.0
- Pearson score of at least 44
- Successful completion of College Composition 1 with a grade of C or better
TOEFL scores can be sent online or by mail through the ETS system. The GCCC code for online submission through ETS is 6246.
- Applicants must document the ability to meet a full year of expenses through a combination of bank statements and/or approved notarized statements of support. All financial documents must be produced in English and submitted within 6 months of the students arrival date*.
- International students must provide for their own health insurance coverage. The policy must include a Repatriation/Return of Moral Remains Clause. It is the student's responsibility to research and purchase a plan that suits his or her individual needs and meets the requirements. The student may purchase coverage in his/her home country and carry evidence of coverage applicable in the U.S. Approval of the policy will be determined by the International Student Advisor.
- All GCCC students are required to complete a TB questionnaire to determine if further screening is required. TB tests must be taken inside the United States and are required before enrollment in classes at GCCC.
- It is the responsibility of International Students to arrange for housing. Any student interested in living on-campus must complete the appropriate Residential Life Documents. On-campus housing information can be found by visiting Residential Life. International students interested in living off-campus must make a written request to the International Student Advisor.
- A scanned color copy of a valid passport of the photo/personal information page must be sent to the International Student Advisor.
- Before applying for an F-1 visa at the U.S. Embassy, an I-901 application must be completed and the $350 fee must be paid. Information regarding this governmental policy can be found here.
A properly executed I-20 form will be issued by the college and mailed to the international student in his/her home country upon completion of the above. The I-20, signed by a college official, is required by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement for the student to enter the United States. Students who leave the U.S. for holidays must have their I-20 forms properly endorsed by a college official before they leave the U.S. in order to assure their re-entry into the country.
*All students are required to pay for their tuition by the deadline or establish a payment plan.
If you are needing your transcript translated or evaluated you can use our custom application through Spantran here