Steps to Receive Veterans Education Benefits
FIRST TIME BENEFIT USERS
- Go to the VA website at www.va.gov
- Scroll down and click on Apply for Benefits.
- Click on Veterans Online Application (VONAPP) with your DD-214 on hand if you are a Veteran. Complete the appropriate application.
- Allow 6-8 weeks to receive a Certificate of Eligibility from the VA. Bring a copy to the school Veteran Certifying Official.
Then, complete the additional steps below.
ALL STUDENTS USING VETERANS BENEFITS
- Next, click on the Veteran's Benefit Request Form , fill it out, and submit with all required information. This request form must be completed EACH semester. Failure to do so will delay your benefits.
- Apply to GCCC online. There is no application fee.
- Please download and complete the TB Form
and submit with your application for admission.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Our school code is 001919.
- Call Assessment Center at 620-276-9654 to schedule the COMPASS assessment.
- See Advisors. The Counseling Center staff can help you pick your classes
- You are complete. Make sure to promptly notify the certifying official of changes made in your schedule to avoid payment issues.
- If you do have an address change this does not officially change your address with the school. Please contact the Registrars Office to do so.
- Fall term certifications will begin after August 1.
- Spring term certifications will begin after January 1.
- Summer term certifications will begin after June 1.