Garden City Community College has proudly offered cosmetology for over 50 years! Your choice to study Cosmetology in the Technical Education Division at Garden City Community College is a choice to learn through hands-on experience, led by knowledgeable and engaging instructors who are dedicated to preparing cosmetology students for the life and work in the beauty industry!
The Cosmetology program at GCCC includes both in-class instruction and hands-on components.
- 1500 Clock hours—class/work from 8:00AM to 5:30PM
- Four 8-week classes: Cosmetology I, II, III, and IV
- Pivot Point Curriculum
The Cosmetology program at GCCC will require 1500 hours of hands-on work in the salon. This 9-month program allows you to learn about:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Design decisions and consultation
- Ecology and blood spill procedures
- Hair color and highlights
- Hair sculpture- waves, rollers, and thermal
- Manicures and pedicures
- Nail extensions and enhancements
- Skin care- facials and waxing
- Wigs and hair extensions
- Professional development and people skills
- Salon business and Kansas law
- business acumen
- building a client base
- critical thinking for the workplace
You will join 15 to 50 other cosmetology students in the newly renovated cosmetology facilities. Giving you the opportunity to engage one-on-one with your instructors, while also having the chance to learn from your peers and practice your new skills with each other and on each other.
Scholarships are available for qualified applicants and specifically for cosmetology students. Visit the Financial Aid page, or the Endowment Association website for more information about scholarships.
Your cosmetology education will get you ready to take your state board exams and start on your new career in:
- Professional hair stylists
- Salon manager
- Salon owner/ operator
- Nail Technician
- Hair coloring specialist
- Cosmetology Instructor
- Platform Artist
- Beauty Product sales Representative
- Beauty Image Consultant
- Cruise Ship Stylist