State Authorization


Garden City Community College is a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA), which is an agreement among state that establishes national standards for the interstate offering of post secondary distance-education courses and programs. Through SARA, GCCC may provide distance education to residents of any other SARA member state without seeking authorization from each SARA member. GCCC also actively seeks authorization in states which do not participate in NC-SARA. Click the link below to see which states are approved and which are not.

Approved States

Student Complaint Process

Garden City Community College aims to resolve all student complaints in a fair and expedient manner. Students wishing to file a formal complaint must first seek resolution through institutional grievance procedures. Details can be found at the Students Grievance Appeals Policy page. 

If a complaint cannot be resolved internally, students may also file a complaint with the Kansas Board of Regents or with our accrediting body. Out-of-state distance students may file a complaint to the Kansas Board of Regents (KBOR) by using the KBOR SARA Complaint form. Students can follow the links below for information about filing consumer complaints with their state authorizing agency. 

The Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, Illinois 60604-1413
Phone: 800.621.7440 / 312.263.0456
Fax: 312.263.7462

In most cases, these complaint procedures require the student to exhaust all complaint avenues internal to the institution before a complaint can be filed at the state or accrediting agency level. GCCC students are advised to first attempt to resolve complaints with GCCC administration. 

For more information, please contact: 

Garden City Community College
Office of the Vice President
810 Campus Drive 
Garden City, KS 67846
Phone: 620-276-9533
Alt Phone: 620-276-7611


California Department of Consumer Affairs   (800) 952-5210 

Board of Regents for Higher Education   (860) 947-1801 

Department of Education   (302) 735-4000    (302) 739-4654 

Florida Department of Education Student Grievance Procedure    (850) 245-0505   (850) 245-9667 

State of Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs   (808) 587-3222 

Kentucky Council on Post-secondary Education Student Grievance Procedure   (502) 573-1555   (502) 573-1535 

Massachusetts Board of Higher Education Student Grievance Procedure    (617) 994-6950   (617) 727-0955 

New Jersey 
New Jersey Commission of Higher Education Student Grievance Procedure    (609) 588-3226 

New York 
New York State Education Department, Office of College and University Evaluation    (518) 474-3852 

North Carolina 
North Carolina Community College System, Office of Proprietary School Services Student Grievance Procedure    (919) 807-7146    (919) 807-7164 

Pennsylvania Department of Education, Division of Program Services Student Grievance Procedure    
(717) 783-6137   (717) 783-6139 

South Carolina 
South Carolina Commission on Higher Education Student Grievance Procedure (pdf)  
(803) 737-2260   (803) 737-2297 

Utah Division of Consumer Protection Student Grievance Procedure   (801) 530-6601   (801) 530-6001 

Wisconsin Educational Approval Board Student Complaints   (email)   
(608) 266-1996   (608) 264-8477