It's our turn to serve you.
At Garden City Community College we strive to do our best to ensure educational success for some of our nation's best and brightest students - our service members and veterans.
Here's what you need to know to make the admissions process as smooth as possible:
1. Complete a GCCC Application for Admission.
2. Request that your military transcript (https://jst.doded.mil) and official transcripts from EACH educational institution you've attended be sent to the GCCC Registrar's Office.
3. Take the Academic Skills Assessment
4. Visit Academic Advising to get enrolled for classes. Take time to meet with the Veterans Services coordinator to discuss VA education funding.
5. Enroll in our crash course for college - If you're a first-time freshman you're required to take a "Student Success" Seminar.
6. Submit a Veterans Educational Benefits form.
7. Pay tuition and fees in full. You won't be able to register for any future course for non-payment of tuition by the due date.
- If you're receiving education benefits under Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehab) or Chapter 33 (Post 9/11), your classes will be held upon receipt of your Veteran Educational Benefits form.
8. Get your picture ID and buy your textbooks.
9. Login to the GCCC Portal. This is where you'll access student tools like Canvas, BusterMail, IT Help Desk and the GCCC Self-Serve (grades, register for classes, financial aid, etc.). You can also find campus announcements, news and events in the portal.