After studying at Garden City Community College, a student can expect to walk away with five essential skills, work preparedness, the ability to transfer to other colleges and universities, a sense of enrichment, and readiness to join the workforce.
- Written Communication- Students will illustrate written communication skills.
- Oral communication- Students will demonstrate oral communication skills.
- Critical Thinking- Students will exhibit critical thinking skills.
- Cultural Diversity- Students develop awareness of self and others through scholarly study, research and personal interaction.
- Social Responsibility- Students will promote individual responsibility for the economic and social well-being of society by encouraging educational initiatives, environmental awareness and fiscal responsibility.
- Students will be prepared for success in the workplace.
- Students will have the skills and knowledge required for successful entry into the workplace.
- Students will have the work ethics, discipline, and collaborative skills necessary to be successful in the workplace.
- Students will have the skills and knowledge necessary to maintain, advance, or change their employment or occupation.
- Students desiring academic advancement will be prepared for successful transfer to other colleges and universities.
- Students will have the academic prerequisites sufficient for successful transfer.
- Students will have appropriate knowledge of transfer requirements.
- Recipients will have experiences of personal enrichment in their chosen areas of interest.
- Workforce development will be responsive to community economic development and employer needs.