Endowment Auction & Others Events to be Rescheduled
[Garden City, KS] March 16, 2020 -- In an effort to keep our campus and community safe and reduce the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), several Garden City Community College-sponsored events are being postponed or rescheduled in the weeks ahead.
The GCCC Endowment Auction, originally scheduled for March 27, 2020, at the Finney County Exhibition Building, has been postponed until further notice. GCCC Endowment staff are looking at a few new dates later this spring or summer. Further information will be announced at a later date.
The 2020 Endowment Auction is GCCC's signature scholarship fundraiser, and all donors and sponsors of the event are being contacted this week regarding the schedule change, according to Endowment Director Jeremy Gigot.
Gigot said all admission wristbands ($25) that have already been sold will be honored for the rescheduled date. If necessary, individuals who would like to return their admission wristbands and request a refund can do so by visiting the outlet they purchased from or the GCCC Endowment Office, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS, 67846.
Individuals who purchased wristbands from members of the Endowment Board and who would like a refund must contact the Endowment Office directly.
Tickets for the 50/50 Raffle ($25) will continue to be sold in anticipation of the rescheduled date. For more information, contact the Endowment Office at 620-276-0412 or visit www.gcccendowment.com.
In addition to the 2020 Endowment Auction, please note the following cancellations, schedule changes, or campus closings:
- The campus will be closed March 19 & 20 as part of its original Spring Break schedule.
- All campus tours for prospective and visiting students have been postponed until April 14, at the earliest. Please contact the GCCC Admissions Office for further information at 620-276-9608 or email@example.com.
- The Mercer Gallery, located in the Pauline Joyce Fine Arts Building, is closed until further notice.
- The Super Circuit, located in the Dennis Perryman Athletic Complex, is closed until further notice.
- The GCCC Welding Competition, originally scheduled March 26, will be rescheduled to a later, pending date.
- The 53rd Annual GCCC Rodeo, originally scheduled April 3-5 at the Broncbuster Horse Palace, will be rescheduled to a later, pending date.
- An induction ceremony for the GCCC Broncbuster 2020 Hall of Fame Class, originally scheduled for April 24 at the Southwind Country Club, will be postponed. A reschedule date will be announced later.
- The Broncbuster Athletic Association is postponing its golf tournament, originally scheduled April 25. A reschedule date will be announced later.
GCCC announced on March 13 that the institution would extend its Spring Break through March 29 and resume to an online format starting March 30. Schedules to online classes are not changing. A decision regarding the remainder of spring semester will be finalized by or prior to April 6. For further information regarding the spring semester or to stay informed of GCCC's continued response to COVID-19 on our website.
GCCC will continue to alert the public, the media, our students, and our employees of further information or updates to our semester schedule as we learn more. The information will be distributed through media releases, email, our emergency alert system, social media, and any other methods at our disposal.
Garden City Community College exists to produce positive contributors to the economic and social well-being of society.
No News to Display at this time.
No News to Display at this time.