Mission Statement: Garden City Community College exists to produce positive contributors to the economic and social well-being of society.

GCCC Residential Life Facebook  Residential Life

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. When will I know my room assignment and/or roommate assignment?

Your roommate contact information and room assignment will be sent in mid July along with check-in instructions.

Q. When can I move into the residence halls for the 2016-2017 academic year?

The move in dates and times will be sent out along with your room assignment packet.

More specific information regarding rules and regulations may be found in the Residential Life Handbook.

Each resident will be issued a current handbook upon checking into the residence halls.

Q. What is my mailing address?

Your Name
611 Campus Drive
Garden City, Kansas 67846

Q. What appliances can I bring?

Our residents are welcome to bring a small refrigerator, microwave and plug in air freshners. No open-coil burners, deep fryers, hot plates or electric grills allowed!

Q. What items are prohibited in the Residential Life Area?

Candles of any kind, candle warmers, electric wax warmers, incense, incense burners, open-coil burners, deep fryers, hot plates, electric grills, alcohol, empty alcohol bottles, drugs and drug paraphernalia, firearms and/or ammunition, fireworks, gunpowder or explosives. Additionally, pellet guns, paint ball guns, air soft guns, bb guns, dart guns, water guns, water balloon launchers are not allowed in the Residential Life Area. Basically, anything that can be considered a weapon is prohibited. Bluetooth portable speakers are not allowed outside of the students room.

Q. What size are the beds?

All of our beds are extra-long twin beds. Bedding can be picked up in most any store, especially during July and August as students prepare to head for college.

Q. Can I bring my pet?

No pets of any kind are allowed in the residence hall rooms, lounges, or the Student Center.

Q. Will I have internet access in my room?

Yes. All housing options provide wireless internet.

Q. Is there transportation available if I need a ride to an airport or bus station?

Garden City Community College provides transportation to the area airports and bus stations throughout the semester for GCCC Students. GCCC staff post and email scheduled trips for the convenience of the on campus residents. Specific requests can be made through resident life. Requests must be made at least 48 hours in advance.