The Humanities and Fine Arts involve those fundamental courses which help develop a greater understanding, appreciation,
and enjoyment of the humanistic resources available in our culture. Even though an individual may not have decided on a
field of concentration, it is possible after two years of study in liberal arts to enter any field in the humanities.
The Division is made up of the following departments: Art, English-Literature, English as a Second Language, History,
Literature, Media-Communications, Reading, Drama-Theatre, and Music.
Located in the Pauline Joyce Fine Arts Building the division offers an extensive quantity of course offerings.
There are several reasons why GCCC is a great choice to begin your exploration for a career in the arts, including these:
- We conduct smaller classes, which offer you more one on one time with our instructors.
- Our students get involved with numerous campus and community activities where they share their love of the arts and improve their resumes too.
- Community college graduates, when transferring to four year institutions, have built a proven track record of success.
- Our students are free to explore their individual talents in the arts.
- Affordability. It makes sense in today’s competitive world to achieve your goals without incurring debt. GCCC offers an outstanding education at affordable rates!
- Support. Our dedicated faculty and staff place students first. If you have trouble with any aspect of college we provide personal support systems to get you on the road to success.
- Opportunities. We offer students numerous opportunities to further their life experience while at GCCC.