Steps to Receive Veterans Education Benefits
FIRST TIME BENEFIT USERS
- Go to the VA website at www.va.gov
- Scroll down and click on “Apply for Benefits.”
- Click on ‘Veterans Online Application’ (VONAPP)’ with your DD-214 on hand if you are a Veteran. Complete the appropriate application.
- Allow 6-8 weeks to receive a Certificate of Eligibility from the VA. Bring a copy to the school Veteran Certifying Official.
Then, complete the additional steps below.
ALL STUDENTS USING VETERANS’ BENEFITS
- Next, click on the ‘Veterans Educational Benefits Request Form,’ fill it out, and submit with all required information. This request form must be completed EACH semester. Failure to do so will delay your benefits.
- Apply to GCCC online at http://www.gcccks.edu/admission/ There is no application fee.
- Please download and complete the TB Risk Assessment Form and submit with your application for admission.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Our school code is 001919.
- Call Assessment Center at 620-276-9654 to schedule the COMPASS assessment.
- See Advisors. The Counseling Center staff can help you pick your classes
- You are complete. Make sure to promptly notify the certifying official of changes made in your schedule to avoid payment issues.
- If you do have an address change this does not officially change your address with the school. Please contact the Registrar’s Office to do so.
- Fall term certifications will begin after August 1.
- Spring term certifications will begin after January 1.
- Summer term certifications will begin after June 1.