Students must obtain, complete, and submit the following:
- An Application for Admission.
- An official high school/home-school transcript, including final grades, grade point average, class ranking (if available), and graduation date, or an official copy of GED scores.
- An official transcript from each university/college attended.
- All first-time students are required to take a Placement Assessment through the Mary Jo Williams Assessment Center located in the SCSC.
- Applicants are strongly advised to take the ACT Assessment for scholarship, advising, and counseling purposes (GCCC's ACT code is 1414).
- Official transcripts must be mailed by the issuing institution or transmitted electronically directly to the GCCC Admissions Office. Hand-carried or faxed copies are not acceptable.
- A complete medical form is required for all students in the nursing, cosmetology programs, and for residen-tial hall residents and athletic program participants. Students in these areas will be advised according to departmental policy and the appropriate forms will be provided.
- Student Health Requirement – Tuberculosis (TB)
- In accordance and compliance with the TB Risk Assessment Law (Kansas Statute K.S.A. 65-129e), all Garden City Community College students who have traveled, resided in for more than three months, or were born in any country where Tuberculosis (TB) is endemic as identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention must provide TB test results prior to attending classes/completing enrollment. Any student who is not in compliance with the applicable State of Kansas Statute is not eligible to attend classes or enroll for classes, or obtain an official academic transcript or records until the student is compliant with the requirements. All students must complete the TUBERCULOSIS SCREENING QUESTIONNAIRE and if required, obtain a completed/approved Certificate of Health Form from the Finney County Health Department or other approved Health Care Provider.