Scholarships and Courses
A wide variety of 4, 3, and 2-year scholarships are offered form both ARMY ROTC and the NATIONAL GUARD. If you make a commitment to the NATIONAL GUARD, you can receive up to $4,000 each semester, in addition to the scholarship.
100% of tuition and fees covered! (or up to $5,000 for housing each semester)
$600 per semester for books!
$420 monthly stipend!
Undergraduate & graduate school scholarships:
- 4-year federal
- 3-year federal
- 2-year federal
- Full time job, 4 years worldwide after graduation
- 2/3-year reserve
- Part time job, 4 years in continental United States after graduation
- 2/4 year National Guard
- Part time job, 4 years in Kansas National Guard, 4 years in Kansas National Guard after graduation
MILT-101 Military Science & Leadership I
- This course introduces you to the personal challenges and competencies that are critical for effective leadership and communication. You will learn how the personal development of life skills such as cultural understanding, goal setting, time management, stress management, and comprehensive fitness relate to leadership, officership, and the Army profession. As you become further acquainted with Military Science and Leadership, you will learn the structure of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) Basic Course program. The focus is on developing basic knowledge and comprehension of Army leadership dimensions, attributes and core leader competencies while gaining an understanding of the ROTC program, its purpose in the Army, and its advantages for the student.
MILT-102 Military Science & Leadership II
- This course introduces Cadets to the personal challenges and competencies that are critical for effective leadership. Cadets learn how the personal development of life skills such as critical thinking, time management, goal setting, and communication. Cadets learn the basics of the communications process and the importance for leader's to develop the essential skills to effectively communicate in the Army. Cadets will begin learning the basics of squad level tactics that will be reinforced during a weekly lab facilitated by Military Science Cadets and supervised by Cadre
MILT-201 Military Science & Leadership III
- This course produces a cadet grounded in foundational leadership doctrine and skills by following and leading small units to achieve assigned missions; who applies critical thinking and problem solving using Troop Leading Procedures (TLP); who comprehends the value of diversity and understands the officer's role in leading change; understands the fundamentals of the Army as a profession. This course adds depth to the Cadets understanding of the Adaptability Army Learning Area. The outcomes are demonstrated through Critical and Creative Thinking and the ability to apply Troop Leading Procedures (TLP) to apply Innovative Solutions to Problems. The Army Profession is also stressed through leadership forums and a leadership self-assessment. Students are then required to apply their knowledge outside the classroom in a hands-on performance-oriented environment during Leadership LABs team building exercises, and Field Training Exercises.
MILT-202 Military Science & Leadership IV
- This course focuses on Army doctrine and team development. The course begins the journey to understand and demonstrate competencies as they relate to Army doctrine. Army Values, Teamwork, and Warrior Ethos and their relationship to the Law of Land Warfare and philosophy of military service are also stressed. The ability to lead and follow is also covered through Team Building exercises at squad level. Students are then required to apply their knowledge outside the classroom in a hands-on performanceoriented environment during a weekly lab facilitated by MSL III Cadets and supervised by cadre.