Transcript Request Procedure and Form
I. Transcript Information
A transcript is a certified, official copy of a student’s permanent academic record. It contains confidential information and cannot be released to anyone without the student’s written permission and signature.
Transcripts for a student’s secondary and previous college education, which have been submitted to Garden City Community College as a requirement for admission, become a part of the Registrar’s official file. GCCC does not reissue or certify copies of transcripts from other institutions. Transcripts must be ordered directly from the institution where the coursework was taken.
II. Transcript Fee
Each transcript costs $5.00 and must be paid in advance by cash, check or money order (payable to GCCC), or Credit Card (Discover, MasterCard, VISA accepted). The cost of a faxed transcript is $5.00. All fees are payable in advance.
III. How To Order A Transcript
Note: Transcript requests will normally be processed within 24 hours of receipt. However, a longer period of time may be required for processing at the end of each semester and during peak enrollment periods.
A. By Mail or Fax
Send your written request to the following address:
NOTE: Faxed transcripts will be UNOFFICIAL
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846-9974
FAX: (620) 276-9650
We encourage you to call us at 620-276-9530 after faxing your request to be sure that we received the FAX in readable form and that there are no HOLDS on your transcript.
Include the following information:
- Your current name, plus any other name(s) you may have used while attending GCCC, as well as since then.
- Your social security number.
- Your date of birth.
- Your approximate dates of attendance at GCCC (include any degree and date earned).
- The number of transcripts you are ordering.
- The complete address(es) where each transcript is to be sent.
- If separate sealed envelope is required, please indicate so.
- Enclose $5.00 for each transcript requested (and $5.00 for each faxed transcript requested). Payment must be made in U.S. dollars (cash), check/money order on a U.S. bank, or by credit card (Discover, MasterCard, VISA accepted).
- Your original signature.
- Your current address and day-time telephone number.
- Indicate if you want transcript sent after current semester grades are posted and/or after degree statement is on your record.
- Any requests that will include Credit Card transactions must include the Cardholder’s Name,
Card Number, Expiration Date, and CID (card identification number).
Students may elect to give CID number over the telephone. The CID (card identification number) is a 3 or 4-digit code printed on the signature panel on the back of Visa, MasterCard and Discover Cards immediately following the credit card account number.
B. In Person
Make your request at the Registrar’s Office, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. — 4:30 p.m. Please have your student ID or driver’s license available for identification purposes.
C. Other Important Information
Please note the following:
- No one else (including your parent, spouse, etc.) may pick up your transcript without your written permission and signed authorization. Please identify in your request the name of the person who is authorized to obtain your transcript.
- Transcripts will not be issued if any financial obligations exist with GCCC.
- Transcripts picked up by you or sent directly to you will be stamped "Issued to Student." Some institutions will not accept a transcript that is marked as such.
- Transcript requests are not accepted by telephone.
- Transcripts that are faxed to another institution or person are considered to be an advising document (UNOFFICIAL) ONLY, and an official transcript may need to be sent in addition.
If you have any questions that we have not answered, please call us at (620) 276-9530 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
V. Transcript Request Form
Click here for Transcript Request Form to print from your browser in PDF format