Student Types

Transfer Students

A transfer student, who has attended any post-secondary institution, must have an official transcript sent from all previous institutions to the Admissions Office. Transfer students are not officially enrolled until all college transcripts have been received and evaluated. Transfer credits will be accepted from colleges and universities starting from the year they are accredited or hold candidacy status with the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, New England Association of Colleges and Schools, Northwest Association of Colleges and Schools, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Western Association of Colleges and Schools, or other institutions approved by the Admissions Department. All transfer credit will be equated on the semester-hour system. All courses listed with an F grade or higher will be transferred and calculated into the student's cumulative grade point average.

Students on academic probation at their former colleges or with transfer cumulative grade point averages below 1.5 will be admitted on probation to GCCC. Students on academic dismissal at the last college of attendance must petition for a hearing before the Academic Review Committee before they may be admitted to GCCC. If admitted by the committee, they will be placed on probationary status until their grade point average meets regular college standards as outlined in the Academic Probation/Dismissal section of the GCCC catalog.

Note: It is the responsibility of the transferring student to inform the Admissions Office if he/she has previously been academically dismissed at any former college. Failure to do so or falsification of information requested by the college may result in immediate dismissal from Garden City Community College at the time the college becomes aware of the deception.